Katrina Jayne Rivera Dimaranan is a Filipino-American model, actress and beauty queen. Her motto in life is “Once you know better, you do better.”
Born in San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines to Filipino parents, Dimaranan has competed in national beauty pageants in the Philippines and has represented the United States in an international beauty pageant. Aside from competing in beauty pageants, she also loves going to haunted houses, playing with elephants and tigers and swimming with whale sharks.
Dimaranan is 5’9″ tall. Here are 13 more things about her:
- From 2009 to 2011, she underwent a pharmacy technician training at the Mission Valley Regional Occupational Program in Fremont, California, USA.
- On April 15, 2012, she competed against 29 other candidates at Binibining Pilipinas 2012 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Metro Manila. She won the talent competition and finished third, winning the Bb. Pilipinas Tourism 2012 title. However, she was not able to represent the Philippines in an international beauty pageant later in 2012.
- On April 14, 2013, she served as a primer host at Bb. Pilipinas 2013 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum and crowned her successor Bb. Pilipinas Tourism 2013 Joanna Cindy Miranda. From September 2-13 to December 2013, she worked as a costumer service representative for Apartment List at the San Francisco Bay Area in California.
- From October 2013 to November 2015, she worked as a professional sales stylist for Michael Kors at the San Francisco Bay Area.
- From 2015 to 2017, she studied business administration and management at Laney College in Oakland, California.
- In 2016, she hosted The Filipino Channel show “Adobo Nation.”
- She played Anastasia in the mockumentary film “The Studio,” which was released in the U.S. on April 8, 2017.
- In October 2018, she was appointed as Miss Supranational USA 2018. On December 7, 2018, she represented the U.S. and competed against 71 other candidates at Miss Supranational 2018 at the Miejski Ośrodek Sportu i Rekreacji (MOSIR) Arena in Krynica-Zdrój, Poland. She won the Best Body Figure award and was runner-up to Valeria Vasquez Latorre of Puerto Rico.
- While living in San Francisco, California in 2019, she sent money back to the Philippines to support her parents.
- She was one of the 25 contestants of “Love Island” Season 1, which aired on CBS from July 9, 2019 to August 7, 2019. She entered on the 10th day and exited on the 20th day.
- She played Jemini in the film “Lumpia with a Vengeance,” which was filmed in Daly City, California and released in the U.S. in 2020. In October 2020, she joined O Skin Care Medspa in Cerritos, California as a medical assistant and social media manager.
- From 2020 to 2021, she studied business administration and management at the East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park, California. In 2020, she enrolled at the Los Angeles Harbor College in Los Angeles, California to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing and is expected to graduated in 2023.
- She was 28 years old when she represented Taguig at Miss Universe Philippines 2021 and competed against 27 other finalists at the Henann Resort Convention Center at the Alona Beach in Panglao, Bohol, Philippines on September 30, 2021. She finished second, earning her the Miss Universe Philippines Tourism 2021 title.