Carmen Isabel Jaramillo Velarde is a Panamanian beauty queen and model. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born and raised in La Chorrera, Panama.
- She is 5’10” tall.
- She has had more than 50 dogs at the same time. She has rescued more than 400 street animals.
- She founded the Connect Your Power movement, which establishes financial aid and delivers necessities to low-income communities.
- An ally for the indigenous community, she partners with the SOS Abinos foundation to provide cancer screenings for people from the Guna Yala Shire in Panama suffering from albinism.
- She is the first member of her family to get into college.
- While studying journalism, she interviewed a leader from the most dangerous gang in the world.
- On June 12, 2014, she was crowned Miss Panamá Latinoamerica del Mundo 2014 at the Miss Panama 2014 coronation night at the Hotel Riu Plaza Panama in Ciudad de Panamá, Panama. On June 15, 2014, she resigned.
- She was Miss Earth Panama 2015. Representing Panama, she was unplaced at Miss Earth 2015 in the Philippines. She finished in the Top 9 at Reina Hispanoamericana 2015 in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
- She was Señorita Panamá 2019 first runner-up. She finished in the Top 10 at Miss United Continents 2019 in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- On April 9, 2020, she was appointed as Señorita Panamá 2020.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Panama 2020, she worked as a model and studied journalism at the Universidad de Panama in Vía Simón Bolivar, Panama City, Panama and psychology at the Latin University of Panama in Panama City.
- She was 26 years old when she represented Panama in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced. On November 7, 2021, she crowned her successor Señorita Panamá 2021 at Hotel Whyndham Convention Center in Panama City.