Fernando Uriel Arroyos was a police officer in Los Angeles, California, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is Claudia Karin‘s son and Jose Reyes‘s stepson. He was an only child.
- He grew up in South Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.
- He had two dreams in life, which were to be the first person in his family to go to college and to become a Los Angeles Police Department officer.
- He went to Crenshaw High School in Los Angeles.
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in legal studies from the University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, Alameda County, California. He graduated with honors.
- In 2019, he joined the LAPD. He was assigned to the department’s Olympic Division.
- At around 9:15 p.m. on January 10, 2022, he and his girlfriend were house hunting in the Florence-Graham neighborhood in Los Angeles County, California when three men in a black pickup truck tried to rob them and one of the men shot him. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies later transported him to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood, Los Angeles County where died from his injuries.
- He was 27 years old and off-duty when he was fatally shot on January 10, 2022.
- On January 11, 2022, police vehicles escorted his body from St. Francis Medical Center to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.
- After his death, his mother told ABC 7 in Spanish, “I want to remember my son as a hero for his work. As a son, he was the best. As a grandson, he was the best and as I said, I wish all the best for my son.”