Asa Kryst is an African American filmmaker, photographer and marketing director who used to play soccer. He was born in Jackson, Michigan, United States to a Polish American father named Rodney Kryst and an African American mother named April Simpkins.
Asa is 5’8″ tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- From 2007 to 2011, he attended Fort Mill High School in Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA.
- From August 2011 to December 2015, he played for the South Carolina Gamecocks, a soccer team representing the University of Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina, USA where he earned his bachelor’s degree in marketing management.
- In 2013, he played for IMG Academy Bradenton, a soccer team based in Bradenton, Florida, USA.
- In 2015, he played for SC United Bantams, a soccer team based in Columbia.
- On April 25, 2016, he signed with United Soccer League side Charlotte Independence. From April 2016 to April 2019, he worked for HRS&S Consulting, LLC in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA as the director of marketing.
- On May 20, 2017, he signed with Australian National Premiere League side Bendigo City FC.
- In April 2017, he received his certification of social media marketing.
- Originally from Fort Mill, he moved to Bendigo, Victoria, Australia in 2017 then settled in Charlotte.
- In October 2018, he founded Blue Method Films, which is based in Charlotte.
- In April 2019, he became the director of marketing of Total Human Resources, Inc.
- On May 29, 2020, he went to his sister Page’s salon Page Veronica Salon in Charlotte to have his hair done. They witnessed the protests calling for justice for George Floyd that started in the area that day. On June 3, 2020, he started documenting the subsequent Black Lives Matter protests in Charlotte.
- He directed one of the documentary-style short films infused into the online course content of United for Equality (UFE), which was launched in 2021 by Strayer University in Herndon, Virginia, USA.
- He was 28 years old when his sister Cheslie died on January 30, 2022 in New York City, New York, USA.