Lara Mateo is a Spanish beauty queen from Philipsburg, Sint Maarten. She started working in real estate after qualifying in Management of Cultural and Leisure Institutions.
“Misery is more beautiful in the sun” is Mateo’s personal motto. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Spain.
- She is fluent in French, Spanish and English.
- She enjoys kitesurfing and Latin dancing. She considers the time she completed her first sky dive as her proudest moment.
- She is 5’7″ tall.
- In 1998, she and her mother moved to Sint Maarten.
- In February 2021, she started working as a rental management assistant at IMAGE IMMOBILIER in Sint Maarten.
- In November 2021, she was appointed as Sint Maarten’s Miss World 2021 candidate.
- She was 24 years old when she was crowned Miss World Sint Maarten 2021.
- While reigning as Miss World Sint Maarten 2021, she was volunteering at a veterinary where she helps animals give birth.
- On December 1, 2021, she finished in the Top 32 in the sports challenge of Miss World 2021 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- On December 13, 2021, Sint Maarten’s independent parliament member Christopher Emmanuel questioned how she was chosen as the country’s Miss World 2021 candidate.
- On December 15, 2021, the government of Sint Maarten released a statement announcing that it was neither supporting nor endorsing her participation at Miss World 2021 as the country’s representative.
- In January 2021, she was not included in the list of Top 40 quarterfinalists, who competed during the coronation night in San Juan on March 16, 2022.