Matthew P. Ziburis is a resident of New York, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York.
- He previously lived in Clarksville, Tennessee, USA and Lutsen, Minnesota, USA.
- He has lived in different parts of Ohio, USA including Willoughby, Sterling and Brunswick, in different parts of Kentucky, USA including Fort Campbell and Central City and in different parts of Florida, USA including Ocala and Newberry.
- He is a former correctional officer and a former bodyguard in Florida.
- Between January 2021 and March 2022, he, Fan Liu, Qiang Sun and others allegedly knowingly and willingly conspired to act in the U.S. as agents of China without prior notification to the U.S. attorney general. Under Sun’s direction and control, he and Liu allegedly discredited pro-democracy dissidents from China residing in the U.S. by spying on them and disseminating negative information about them.
- On February 28, 2021, Liu asked him to look for the best Internal Revenue Service (IRS) consultant who could retrieve the tax report of a Chinse male dissident from 2018 to 2020. He told Liu they could not get the dissident’s taxes unless they get into the dissident’s email account.
- In March 2021, he left Florida for California, USA where he would visit a Chinese dissident while posing as an art broker.
- In July 2021, he searched on Google the queries “are investigators allowed to put gps trackers on cars”, “Can a GPS Tracker Be Traced to Owner?” and “can you find out who owns a gps tracker on a car.”
- On July 22, 2021, he, Liu and a private investigator met at an office in New York. They discussed how the government of China conducts cross-border operations.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent Kevin Patrick Minton filed a criminal complaint against him, which was signed by a U.S. Magistrate Judge in New York on March 9, 2022. They were charged with conspiring to commit interstate harassment and criminal use of a means of identification. He and Liu were also charged with conspiring to act as agents of the government of China.
- On March 15, 2022, he was arrested in new York.
- He was 49 years old when he was arrested on March 15, 2022.
- On March 16, 2022, he appeared in court in Brooklyn, New York before U.S. Magistrate Judge James R. Cho.
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)