Melissa Rose Turner is a resident of Riverview, Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is self-employed as a cosplay model.
- She has never been a confrontational person, her mother Wanda Turner told Fox 13.
- She was Matthew Trussler‘s girlfriend.
- She was 1 year older than Trussler.
- In December 2018, she and Trussler bought a two-story, four-bedroom home in the Boyette Farms subdivision in Riverview. They lived there with their cats and dogs.
- On October 18, 2019, she fatally stabbed Trussler inside their residence in Riverview. A neighbor’s surveillance system captured an argument between them on their patio at around 4:31 a.m. At 8:45 a.m., she called 911. Later that day, she was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. She originally told investigators she came home, found his body and tried to revive him that day but later changed her story and said she and Trussler were in a heated argument and his death was an accident. When she was held without bail in the Hillsborough County Jail in Tampa, Florida, she allegedly bragged in jailhouse calls about having a bank account with $30,000 she made in the adult entertainment industry as a cosplay model. After her release from jail, she started selling arts and crafts.
- On February 14, 2022, her murder trial started at the Hillsborough County courthouse in Tampa.
- When she spoke to jurors on February 17, 2022 and on February 18, 2022, she said she acted in self-defense when she stabbed Trussler on October 18, 2019.
- On February 18, 2022, a jury in Florida found her guilty in the second degree. Represented by John Trevena, she was sentenced by Judge Samantha Ward to 20 years in prison on May 18, 2022.
- She was 29 years old when she was sentenced on May 18, 2022 to 20 years in prison.