Smiley Martin is a black man from California, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Sacramento, California.
- He has been convicted of possessing an assault weapon, stealing electronics from department stores and beating a girlfriend he encouraged to be a prostitute.
- He is 1 year older than his brother Dandrae Stephan Martin.
- In January 2018, he was received by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) in Sacramento with a 10-year sentence for corporal injury and assault.
- In May 2021, he was denied parole under the non-violent parole review process.
- On April 29, 2021, the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office wrote a letter to the Board of Parole Hearings, which suggested denying his request for early release from prison because he posed a significant, unreasonable risk of safety to the community.
- In February 2022, he was released to Sacramento County probation.
- At around 2:00 a.m. on April 3, 2022, he, Dandrae and several others allegedly opened fire on K Street in Sacramento, killing Melinda Davis, 57, Sergio Harris, 38, Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi, 32, Devazia Turner, 29, Johntaya Alexander, 21, and Yamile Martinez-Andrade, 21. Including him, 12 people were also injured. The Sacramento Police Department quickly identified him as a person of interest and kept him under police supervision at the hospital.
- On April 5, 2022, Sacramento Police Department detectives took him into custody.
- He was 27 years old when he was arrested on April 5, 2022. Once his medical care is complete, he will be booked at the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of possession of a firearm by a prohibited person and possession of a machine gun.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)