Dr. Lawrence Patrick Rudolph is a dentist from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- Aside from Pittsburgh, he has lived in other parts of Pennsylvania including Greensburg and Irwin. He previously lived in Paradise Valley, Arizona, USA, in Victor, Indiana, USA, in Miami, Florida, USA and in Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
- He was in a dental school while Bianca Teresa Finizio Rudolph was in an undergraduate program at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania when they first met.
- He was 5 years older than Bianca. They have one son and one daughter together.
- In 1980, he graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a dental medicine degree.
- In 1982, he married Bianca and started a dental practice. She worked in his dental office but after giving birth to their two children, she had less involvement in the practice. As active members of a prominent hunting organization, he and Bianca often spent time traveling and hunting.
- In 2006, he became disabled, separated from his partners and started a new group of dental offices known as Three Rivers Dental, which is based in Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
- From 2009 to 2011, he was the Safari Club International president.
- In 2012, he and Bianca moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona. His dental practices remained in Pennsylvania.
- In 2016, he and Bianca traveled to Zambia multiple times. The beneficiary of each of Bianca’s life and accidental death policies was a revocable trust they established on April 25, 2016.
- When he and Bianca went to Zambia on September 27, 2016, they took with them a Remington .375 Rifle and a Browning 12-gauge shotgun. They intended to return to the U.S. on October 12, 2016.
- At around 5:30 a.m. on October 11, 2016, Bianca was fatally shot in the chest with their Browning 12-gauge shotgun. They were packing to leave their hunting camp in Kafue National Park in Zambia at the time, according to him. A Zambian forensic pathologist identified the cause of her death as hemorrhagic shock, macerated left side of heart and perforated lung and gunshot injury. He had her cremated in Zambia and did not inform their children about her death until October 17, 2016. He allegedly represented she died accidentally when although she had been murdered and devised a scheme to defraud and obtain a total of $4,877,744.93 from nine life insurance policies with seven different life insurance companies.
- On August 1, 2022, a federal jury found him guilty of murder in the shooting death of Bianca and of defrauding multiple life insurance companies.
- He was 67 years old when he was found guilty on August 1, 2022 of murdering Bianca. He will be sentenced on February 1, 2023.