Faruk Fatih Ozer is a Turkish businessman. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is Güven Özer and Serap Özer‘s brothers.
- In February 2007, he joined Özel Medikal in Istanbul, Turkey as an assistant general manager.
- In January 2008, he became the chief executive officer of Özel Medikal.
- In January 2013, he left Özel Medikal.
- From March 2014 to November 2016, he was the CEO of Lingerano in Istanbul.
- In September 2017, he founded a cryptocurrency exchange called Koineks, which was based in Istanbul. He served as the CEO.
- In March 2020, he renamed Koineks as Thodex, which then went global.
- On April 20, 2021, he left Turkey for Tirana, Albania with $2 billion of cryptocurrency in his possession after trading on Thodex was halted entirely. Warrants were issued for the arrest of 82 suspects including him, Güven and Serap. All suspects were arrested except him.
- On April 23, 2021, the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) issued a red notice for his arrest.
- He was 28 years old when he and two Albanian helpers were arrested in Himarë, Vlorë County, Albania on August 30, 2022.