Edward Paul Dungan was a native of Oregon, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born and raised in Creswell, Willamette Valley, Lane County, Oregon.
- Aside from Creswell, he also lived in other parts of Oregon including Eugene and Springfield.
- He is David Sytsma‘s nephew.
- He has three daughters.
- He has three sisters namely Pauline Dungan, Christy Dungan and Mariah Field and five half-sisters namely Heather Sutherland, Mandy Bruntland, Linnie Sickels, Vanessa Davis and Julie Walker.
- From 2001 to 2005, he attended Creswell High School in Creswell.
- In 2005, he was sentenced to more than seven years in prison in a robbery case.
- In April 2017, he was sentenced to 45 days in the county jail and two years of probation for resisting arrest and second-degree criminal mischief.
- On September 12, 2017, Oregon State Police senior trooper Gerald Ellis saw him driving a stolen 2013 Toyota Camry on Highway 99 in Creswell while he was on probation. At around 1:20 p.m., he fired a .380-caliber gun at Ellis, who was saved by a bulletproof vest. He was arrested.
- On September 13, 2017, he was arraigned on attempted aggravated murder, unlawful use of a weapon and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- In April 2018, he pleaded guilty to felony charges of attempted murder, second-degree assault, being a felon in possession of a firearm, unauthorized use of a vehicle and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer and a misdemeanor count of reckless driving. He entered Oregon Department of Corrections custody and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. His earliest possible release date would have been September 11, 2036.
- While incarcerated at the Two Rivers Correctional Institution in Umatilla, Umatilla County, Oregon, he wrote on Facebook on February 19, 2022, “Doing better, still lotta love but understand where she’s coming from I know she be there no matter what changed my life for the better can’t wait for her to finally be able to visit. Love and miss the rest of you! visits are starting again real soon get to see my daughters keeping my head up doing my best to maintain.”
- On January 8, 2023, he passed away at age 36 while incarcerated at the Two Rivers Correctional Institution. The cause of death has yet to be confirmed.