Floriane Bascou is a French beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was born and raised in Le Lamentin, Martinique, France.
- She is an official representative for the nonprofit French Cancer Society.
- As a teenager, she has visited several countries including Saint Lucia, Brazil, Portugal, England, Spain, Germany and the United States.
- In 2005, she started practicing gym, swimming, traditional dance, basketball and track and field.
- She is 15 years younger than her brother Dimitri Bascou, a track and field athlete who won a bronze medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- In 2020, she obtained her scientific baccalaureate with distinction and began her first year of medical school.
- On October 24, 2021, she was crowned Miss Martinique 2021.
- On December 11, 2021, she represented Martinique at Miss France 2022 and competed against 28 other candidates at the Zénith de Caen in Caen, Normandy. She was runner-up to Diane Leyre.
- On October 12, 2022, she was officially appointed as France’s Miss Universe 2022 candidate, replacing Leyre.
- She was 20 years old when she represented France at Miss Universe 2022 on January 14, 2023 and competed against 83 other candidates at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was unplaced.