Sergey Olegovich Macheret is a physicist and an aerospace engineer from Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana, United States. He is known for his contributions to plasma science and engineering.
Macheret also worked as a professor at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Wabash Township, Tippecanoe County. Here are 13 more things about him:
- From 1974 to 1980, he attended the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology in Dolgoprudny, Zhukovsky, Russia where he earned his master’s degree in physics.
- From 1980 to 1985, he went to the Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy in Moscow, Russia where he earned his Ph.D. in plasma physics and plasma chemistry.
- From 1985 to 1990, he was a research scientist at the Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy.
- From 1990 to 1991, he was a senior research scientist at the Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy.
- From November 1991 to June 1994, he was a research associate and a lecturer at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
- From July 1994 to July 2006, he was a senior research scientist at Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
- From August 2006 to August 2014, he was a senior staff engineer at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company in Palmdale, California, USA.
- In 2008, he received the Best Paper Award in Plasmadynamics and Lasers from the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).
- In 2012, he received from Aero Star Award from Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
- In August 2014, he became a Purdue University professor.
- From 2015 to 2017, he was the chair of the AIAA’s Plasmadynamics and Lasers Technical Committee.
- In 2022, he received the Plasmadynamics and Lasers Award from AIAA.
- He was 65 years old when he was arrested on February 1, 2023. He was booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail in Lafayette and charged with making an unlawful proposition, dealing methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply