Holly Ann Campiglia was a native of New Jersey, United States. Here are 13more things about her:
- She was born in Cherry Hill, Bergen County, New Jersey to Augustine A. Campiglia and Sally Avery Campiglia.
- She has four sisters namely Daryl Ann Campiglia, Dawn Campiglia, Johnna Campiglia and Karen Campiglia.
- She was 13 years younger than Herman Lee Hobbs, who raped and fatally stabbed Terri Maree Pata, 13, on January 30, 1975 in Rio Linda, California, USA.
- In 1976, she started taking drugs and having emotional problems while she was a senior in high school.
- In 1977, she entered Glassboro State College in Glassboro, Gloucester County, New Jersey to pursue a bachelor’s degree in fine arts. That year, she ran away from home.
- On June 10, 1980, she jumped from the car while going to a counseling center.
- In July 1980, she sent a letter to her parents in Cherry Hill telling them to not think of her anymore. It was mailed from Sacramento, California but the return address was not a real street. In the same month, her name was accidentally dropped from the computer list of missing persons.
- On August 3, 1980, she was found dead in a cornfield in Dixon, Solano County, California but was not identified. She was shot six times in the head. She died at age 21.
- On May 12, 1992, her parents listed her again as missing. On June 19, 1992, she was identified as a murder victim. Her murderer was still unknown when Hobbs pleaded no contest in February 2005 to raping and murdering Pata in 1975.
- On June 11, 2009, her sister Karen died at age 47 without knowing who murdered her.
- On July 3, 2016, her mother died at age 83 without knowing who murdered her.
- In 2021, her family asked the Solano County Sheriff’s Office to take another look at her murder.
- Hobbs was 76 when he was charged on February 24, 2023 with her murder.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply