Derek Scott Reimer is a Canadian pastor. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a resident of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He runs Mission 7, a street ministry that hosts gatherings in Calgary four days a week.
- He has a history of committing violent crimes in Alberta and Manitoba, Canada, including convictions for aggravated assault and animal abuse.
- He went to Steinbach Regional Secondary School in Steinbach, Manitoba.
- On February 25, 2023, he went to a Reading with Royalty event at the Seton Library in Calgary and allegedly shouted disruptive, transphobic and homophobic slurs in front of children.
- On March 2, 2023, he was arrested and charged with mischief and criminal harassment. After spending several days in prison, he ultimately agreed to stay away from LGBTQ community members and events.
- On March 15, 2023, he was found protesting at the Signal Hill Library in Calgary, breaching a condition to stay 200 meters from library drag events. He was arrested and charged with disturbance, mischief and six counts of harassment.
- On March 22, he was granted bail and required to stay 300 meters away from Reading with Royalty and other events organized by the LGBTQ community and prohibited from intentionally interfering with any person trying to participate in an LGBTQ event..
- On March 27, 2023, he allegedly showed up with a microphone near a Reading with Royalty event at the Country Hills Library in Calgary, entered the library, made several derogatory comments and engaged in hate speech and harassing comments towards a manager and staff.
- On April 2, 2023, he used a microphone to shout hate speech at the participants of an event at the Saddletowne Library in Calgary.
- He was 36 years old when appeared before a justice of the peace on April 5, 2023.
Categories: biographical data, Canada, LISTS, North America
8 replies »