Mylene “Mai” Aguilar Maligaya Mangudadatu is a former beauty queen and an aspiring politician. She is one of the wives of Esmael “Toto” Gaguil Mangudadatu.
Mai hails from Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila, Philippines. Here are 13 facts about her:
- She was born in 1988.
- She is 5’6″.
- She was a Sunday school teacher.
- In 2005, she was crowned Binibining Muntinlupa.
- In 2006, she competed in the 43rd edition of Binibining Pilipinas. Out of the 24 candidates, the winners were Lia Andrea Ramos, Anna Maris Igpit and Denille Lou Valmonte, who represented the Philippines in the 2006 editions of Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss International, respectively.
- She was unplaced in Bb. Pilipinas 2006 but she won the Miss Friendship special award.
- When she competed in Bb. Pilipinas 2006, she weighed 111lbs and was a sophomore studying nursing in Las Piñas College, now known as Centro Escolar Las Piñas, in Las Piñas City, Metro Manila.
- In 2016, she became a member of the San Beda College Alabang-School of Law Centralized Bar Operations.
- In 2019, she ran for councilor in the first district of Muntilupa City under the National Union Party (NUP).
- She earned 37,087 votes in the 2019 Philippine national elections, which was the 12th highest number of votes for councilors in Muntinlupa City’s first district.
- Her husband was the incumbent governor of Maguindanao, Philippines when they got married.
- She spent the quarantine period in Metro Manila while the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic was ongoing while her husband was in Mindanao.
- In 2020, she appeared on “Wanted sa Radyo” to accuse her husband of having an affair with Miss Asia Pacific International 2018 Sharifa Areef Mohammad Omar Akeel.