Adam Haner slams Portland protesters who attacked him

Adam Haner

Adam Haner

Since the death of George Floyd, the 46-year-old African-American man fatally arrested in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States on May 25, 2020, Black Lives Matter protesters have been holding demonstrations in Portland, Oregon, USA. Some were peaceful while others were riotous.

In the afternoon of August 16, 2020, Adam T. Haner, 39, of Portland took to Facebook to share a post by Amiri King. The post compared the attention Floyd got to that of Cannon Hinnant, a five-year-old white boy shot in the head by his African-American neighbor Darius Sessoms in Wilson, North Carolina, USA on August 9, 2020.

“George Floyd was a 46-year old felon, high on Fentanyl, and he got 4 televised funerals and 70 days of riots,” the post read. “What does 5-year old Cannon Hinnant get?”


Hours after sharing this post, Haner went out with his girlfriend Tammie Martin. While their white pickup truck was parked outside a 7-Eleven store near the intersection of Southwest Taylor Street and Broadway in Portland, they witnessed Black Lives Matter rioters attacking and robbing a transgender woman.

Haner tried to console the transgender woman and ask the rioters to return her belongings. The rioters then turned to him, robbed him and physically assaulted him, as well.

One of the rioters was Marquise “Keese” Lee Love, 25, of Portland. He was caught on tape kicking Haner in the forehead while the latter was lying on the ground.

On August 21, 2020, Love turned himself in and was booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center in Oregon. He is facing three felony charges namely second-degree assault, coercion and riot.


On August 22, 2020, Haner was with Martin when he was interviewed by “Watters’ World” host Jesse Watters. Haner told Watters that he thought that the problem the Black Lives Matter protesters who were down there in Portland was “trying to fight was this kind of behavior toward them but they’re exhibiting the same behavior that they’re trying to stop.”

Watters asked Haner how long he waited for help after calling 911. The latter explained that he was knocked unconscious so has no idea.

“At least 10 minutes after he had been unconscious from what I can tell,” Martin added. “I mean, nobody would let me near him.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.