Sandrella Zadikian was one of the white women called a Karen while the world was battling against the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The term is given to women who are perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary.
Headquartered in Monrovia, California, United States, grocery store Trader Joe’s opened a 16,000-square-foot store at 6150 Laurel Canyon Boulevard in Toluca Lake, Los Angeles, California on June 26, 2020. Zadikian one of the shoppers during the grand opening of the store.
Zadikian claimed that a customer was harassing her for not wearing a mask. Screaming in the face of several masked store employees, she said, “He was harassing me!”
“He cussed me out,” Zadikian continued. “Do you think this is okay?”
One of the employees signaled for Zadikian to leave the store. She responded, “You’re f**king pigs!”
“You’re f**king Democratic pigs!” Zadikian continued. “All of you!”
Days after the incident, Zadikian told ABC7 that she did not regret the things she had said and claimed that the store manager at the new Trader Joe’s store that day gave her permission to go maskless. However, a manager from the store told the publication that she refused their offer to do her shopping for her while she waited outside.
Moreover, Zadikian kept claiming that she had a medical condition that prohibits her from wearing a mask but she would not give details about it. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- She was born in Beirut, Lebanon.
- She is of Armenian descent.
- From Beirut, she moved to the U.S. in 1988.
- She is 5’6″.
- Her registered weight is 114 lbs.
- She is from North Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- Aside from North Hollywood, she has lived in other areas of California including Valley Village and Long Beach.
- She previously lived in Channelview, Texas, USA.
- In 1993, she graduated from Holy Martyrs Ferrahian High School in Los Angeles.
- On October 8, 2003, Progressive West Insurance Company filed a personal injury-motor vehicle lawsuit against her in the Los Angeles County Superior Courts, Burbank Courthouse in Los Angeles.
- She works at dr. LASER, which offers laser hair removal service in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles.
- She was 44 years old when she went viral as the Trader’s Joe Karen in 2020.
- On September 16, 2020, she appeared in an episode of “Dr. Phil” with James Juanillo. She called Juanillo racist for calling white women like her and Lisa Alexander a Karen when they were interviewed by Dr. Phil McGraw.