Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito is a white woman originally from Blue Point, Suffolk County, New York, United States. Her parents Joseph “Joe” Petito and Nichole Schmidt, who are not married, live separately as Schmidt is married to Jim Schmidt.
Gabby has several tattoos, including one on her forearm that reads, “Let it be.” Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is 5’5″ tall. She weighs 110 lbs. (a)
- In July 2014, she visited Davis Park, Fire Island in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County, New York. (b)
- In December 2016, she visited Costa Rica.
- In 2019, she started dating Brian Laundrie and moved with him in his home in North Port, Florida, USA. They attended Bayport-Blue Point High School in Bayport, Town of Islip, Suffolk County together. (a)(c)
- In June 2020, she visited the Sope Creek Paper Mill Ruins in Georgia, USA. (b)
- In July 2020, Laundrie proposed to her and she said yes. (c)
- In June 2021, her father moved from Selden, New York to Vero Beach, Florida in part to be closer to her. On June 17, 2021, she and Laundrie arrived in Blue Point and attended her brother’s high school graduation. (c)
- On July 2, 2021, she left with Laundrie from Blue Point for their cross-country camping trip. She planned to visit a family friend in Portland, Oregon, USA around Halloween. The couple travelled across the U.S. in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a Florida license plate. (a)(c)
- On August 12, 2021, a witness saw her and Laundrie arguing over a phone while their 2012 Ford Transit van was parked near Moonflower Community Cooperative in Moab, Utah. The responding Moab Police Department officers determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges. He told one of the officers that she tried to slap him because she thought he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride. That night, he stayed in a hotel while she stayed with their van.
- On August 19, 2021, she uploaded a YouTube video featuring a glimpse into her van adventures with Laundrie. She said after their first cross country trip in a Nissan Sentra, they both decided to downsize their lives and travel full-time so they handcrafted their 2012 Ford Transit van. While they were in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah on August 21, 2021, her father placed an Uber Eats order for her because she did not have WiFi due to power outage. (d)(e)(f)
- Around August 24, 2021, she and Laundrie left Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA for Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, USA, according to her mother. That day, her mother spoke to her on a FaceTime call. On August 25, 2021, she took to Instagram to share photos of herself with a caption, “Happy Halloween.” (a)(b)
- On August 30, 2021, her mother received text messages sent from her phone but her mother was not sure whether or not it was her who sent them. (a)
- She was 22 years old when her mother reported her missing to the Suffolk County Police Department on September 11, 2021. On the same day, police found Laundrie at his North Port home. (a)(c)
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)