Ivan Harrison Hunter is a white man from Texas, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lives in Boerne, Texas.
- He is a member of Boogaloo Bois, a loosely connected anti-government group. On January 1, 2020, he chatted with another member of the group through Facebook.
- After the death of George Floyd on May 25, 2020, he communicated with his fellow Boogaloo Bois member Benjamin Ryan Teeter, who is from Hampstead, North Carolina, USA. They talked about their plan to go to Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA with the intent to participate in a riot.
- Between May 27, 2020 and May 28, 2020, he traveled from Texas to Minneapolis. On the evening of May 28, 2020, he communicated with his fellow Boogaloo Bois member Michael Solomon of New Brighton, Minnesota and sent him his exact location at the time, which was two blocks away from the Third Precinct building of the Minneapolis Police Department on 350 South 5th Street in Minneapolis.
- Wearing a baseball cap, tactical gear, glasses and a skull mask covering the lower half of his face, he high-fived with another person and yelled “Justice for Floyd!” after firing 13 rounds from a semiautomatic rifle into the Third Precinct building on the evening of May 28, 2020. On May 29, 2020, he returned from Minneapolis to Texas. He took to social media to make statements about participating in violence in Minneapolis.
- Before, during and after the Third Precinct building shooting, he communicated with his fellow Boogaloo Bois member Steven Carrillo, an Air Force sergeant from Ben Lomond, California, USA. On June 1, 2020, he asked Carillo for money via a Facebook chat and received $200 from him via a cash application. Carillo was arrested on June 6, 2020 for the murder of Sergeant Damon Gutzwiller, a federal protective service officer in Oakland, California, on May 29, 2020.
- On June 3, 2020, he attended a protest for Floyd near Austin. At around 2:00 a.m., he was a passenger of a pick-up truck on which officers from Austin Police Department in Austin, Texas initiated a traffic stop for various traffic violations. He was wearing a vest to which an AK-47-style rifle fastened was fastened and had six loaded magazines for it. Marijuana, two loaded pistols and three semi-automatic rifles were also found in the truck.
- On June 4, 2020, he posted of Facebook, “we need to riot.”
- On June 7, 2020, he sent Teeter a private message through Facebook containing a link to a news article about Carillo’s arrest.
- He was 26 years old when he and two other men were arrested in San Antonio, Texas on October 21, 2020.
- On October 22, 2020, he made his first appearance in U.S. District Court in San Antonio before Magistrate Judge Henry Bemporad.
- He was charged with one count of traveling across state lines to participate in a riot, U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota Erica MacDonald announced on October 23, 2020.
- On September 30, 2021, he pleaded guilty to a federal riot charge, admitting to travelling from San Antonio to Minneapolis in May 2020 with the intent to participate in a riot.
(This is a developing story. Updates will be added as soon as they are available.)