Wendy Lewis is a white woman from Antioch, Antioch Township, Lake County, Illinois, United States. She is a law enforcement supporter.
Aside from Antioch, Lewis has lived in other parts of Illinois including Lake Villa, Grayslake, Zion, Wellston, Highland Park, Libertyville and Waukegan. She also previously lived in Wellston, Michigan, USA.
A single mother with three children, Lewis works in health care as a certified nursing assistant. She had allowed her children to play with Nerf and paintball guns but she did not allow actual guns in their home in Antioch.
Lewis is dyslexic and she also goes by Wendy Elaine Rittenhouse. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In February 2000, she and Mike Rittenhouse got married in Lake County, Illinois.
- In August 2000, she gave birth to Faith Rittenhouse.
- In December 2002, she pleaded guilty to spitting in a neighbor’s face.
- In January 2003, she gave birth to Kyle Rittenhouse.
- In December 2003, she gave birth to McKenzie Rittenhouse.
- In 2007, Mike was charged with domestic battery after allegedly punching her in the stomach, which he denied. The charges were dismissed. She and Mike later divorced.
- In January 2017, she sought an order of protection from police, claiming that a classmate of Kyle named Anthony had been threatening her son and calling him dumb and stupid.
- In 2018, she filed for bankruptcy shortly after another eviction. She was hospitalized after developing a gastrointestinal bleed. Her daughter Faith was also hospitalized after an attempted overdose that involved over-the-counter painkillers.
- In May 2020, her daughter McKenzie’s boyfriend Dominick Black bought a Smith & Wesson for Kyle at an Ace Hardware in Wisconsin, USA using money that Kyle had given him. She became aware of the weapon but did not ask Kyle to get rid of it.
- On the evening of August 25, 2020, armed with a Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifle, Kyle fatally shot Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and wounded Gaige Grosskreutz amid the unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin after the shooting of Jacob Blake. That night, Black drove Kyle home to Antioch where she asked her son to either turn himself in or leave town. At around 1:00 a.m. on August 26, 2020, she drove Kyle to the police station in Antioch. On August 27, 2020, she met with John M. Pierce, a lawyer from California, USA who offered to represent Kyle. After Kyle’s arrest, she, Faith and McKenzie stayed with friends and left their home in Antioch.
- On November 11, 2020, in an on-camera interview, she defended Kyle, who was charged with first-degree intentional homicide. She said, “If he didn’t have that gun, he would have been dead point-blank. It was all self-defense. I saw it. If I wasn’t his mother, I would have said the same thing. It was self-defense. He was chased by a bunch of mob.” In an interview with Tucker Carlson on November 12, 2020, she said she would take down Joe Biden after the U.S. president-elect used Kyle’s photo in a campaign ad featuring white supremacists.
- In January 2021, after Kyle was arraigned in court, she and and her son went to Pudgy’s Pub in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin where he had three beers.
- She was 47 years old when Kyle’s trial started in Kenosha on November 1, 2021. She attended the trial, which was presided over by Judge Bruce Schroeder. On November 19, 2021, she was at the Kenosha County Courthouse where Kyle was found not guilty on one count of first-degree reckless homicide, two counts of first-degree intentional homicide and two counts of first-degree reckless endangerment. On November 23, 2021, she and Kyle visited Donald Trump at the 45th U.S. president’s Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, USA.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Rittenhouse killed 2 men. There should have been some punishment. He was not there to “help” anyone. He was strutting around with a gun defensively. No one on those streets should have been carrying guns, particularly not AK-47s!