Ivana Alawi is one of the most famous Filipino actresses of her generation. She is also one of the most followed social media star from Asia.
Fans of Alawi know that she rarely collaborates with other vloggers. She has very few friends since she has been victimized by traitorous people in the show business who she thought were her friends.
Ivana has an elder sister named Amira Alawi, elder brother named Hashim “Hash” Alawi and younger sister named Mona Al-Alawi, an actress professionally known as Mona Louise Rey.
In 2018, Ivana started her YouTube channel, which often features her big brother Hash, their little sister Mona and their mother while Amira chooses to keep her privacy. Here are 13 things about Ivana:
- Alawi was born Mariam Sayed Sameer Marbella Al-Alawi to Moroccan father Samier Al-Alawi and Filipino mother Fatima Marbella in Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines.
- She spent her childhood in Bahrain. Her parents separated when she was young.
- She is 5’6″.
- In 2011, she played Alexa in the GMA Network series “Tween Hearts“. She was credited as Mariel Rey.
- In 2015, she competed at “StarStruck” Season 6 on GMA Network as Mariam Al-Alawi. She finished in the Top 22.
- In 2016, she appeared in the GMA Network shows “Magpakailanman,” “Juan Happy Love Story” and “Once Again.”
- In 2018, she played a supporting role in the ABS-CBN series “Araw Gabi“. In December 2018, her father died of a heart failure. From 2018 to 2019, she played Amor/Madonna in the ABS-CBN series “FPJ’s Ang Probinsiyano.”
- In 2019, she played Lolita del Rio in the ABS-CBN series “Sino ang Maysala? Mea Culpa,” which earned her the Best New Female Personality award from the Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) Star Awards for Television, and starred in the films “3pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon!” and “Open.” That year, it was revealed that she was a victim of identity theft. A website called Manila Bookings was using her photos claiming that she was offering escort services.
- In 2020, she was brought to tears after being pranked by Raffy Tulfo on his show “Wanted Sa Radyo” with the help of her sister Mona and their mother. That year, she generously helped Filipinos need during the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- She appeared in the music video of Bella Poarch and Sub Urban‘s song “Inferno“, which was released on August 13, 2021.
- She played Cherry Rose Pie / Magwayen-Estrella in the ABS-CBN series “A Family Affair“, which aired from June 2022 to October 2022.
- She was 25 years old when she published on YouTube on September 24, 2022 a video of her with Zeinab Harake.
- She will star in the 2022 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “Partners in Crime” opposite Vice Ganda.