David Bonola is a Mexican man from New York City, New York, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is a native of Mexico City, Mexico.
- He lives in Richmond Hill, Queens, New York City. His estranged wife and their two children also live in Queens.
- He attended the New York School of Interior Design in New York City.
- He was a scriptwriter and an aspiring filmmaker.
- In 2001, he moved from Mexico to the U.S.
- In 2019, he started worked as a heating and air conditioning repairman for the family of Orsolya Gaal, who lived in Forest Hills, Queens with her husband Howard Gary Klein and their two sons. He was 7 years younger than her. Also in 2019, he and Gaal allegedly started an on-off affair.
- On October 25, 2019, Gaal posted on Facebook a photo of herself in a field. He commented on the post “Hungria” with a heart emoji. She gave a thumbs up to his comment.
- On May 10, 2020, Gaal wrote on Facebook, “Zoom party with my gfs – my lifeline”. He commented, “Tu mirada enamorada” (Your eyes in love). She gave a thumbs up to his comment.
- On May 27, 2020, Gaal posted on Facebook a childhood photo of herself. He commented on the post “Hola” with a heart emoji. She gave a thumbs up to his comment.
- In the first week of April 2022, he and Gaal allegedly got back together only to break up again. On April 16, 2022, he allegedly fatally stabbed her 58 times in the basement of her house in Forest Hills, stuffed her body in a Bauer hockey duffel bag that belonged to one of her sons and left it at the Forest Park a half-mile from the house. Afterwards, he allegedly used Gaal’s phone to send threatening messages to Klein, including a warning, “Your whole family is next.”
- On April 20, 2022, he was arrested. That day, New York City Police Department officers canvassing the premises of Gaal’s house in Forest Hills spotted him and took him back with them to the NYPD’s 112th precinct in Forest Hills where he made incriminating statements, according to NYPD chief of detectives James Essig. It was the first time he was arrested.
- He was a regular at the Starbucks coffee shop on Austin Street in Forest Hills where female staffers called the cops on him several times because of his advances. On April 21, 2022, former barista Oliwia Pikulinski, then 21, told New York Post, “He would come up to us and ask for coffees and tell us that we looked pretty and make comments about how we look.” Also on April 21, 2022, he was charged with second-degree murder, criminal tampering and criminal possession of a weapon and he made his first court appearance. He will be back in court on April 26, 2022.
- He was 44 years old when he pleaded guilty on November 2, 2022 to one count of first-degree manslaughter. He will be sentenced on November 16, 2022.