Shanquella Brenada Robinson was a black woman from Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was a resident of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
- She is Bernard Robinson and Sallamondra Robinson‘s daughter and Quilla Long‘s younger sister.
- She had businesses braiding hair called The Exquisite Boutique and Exquisite Babies.
- In 2018, she graduated from Winston-Salem State University in Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina.
- In October 2021, she visited Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Paradise, Clark County, Nevada, USA.
- In March 2022, she traveled to Montego Bay, Jamaica.
- On October 28, 2022, she traveled from Charlotte to Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico with six college friends from Winston-Salem State University. They stayed at the Cabo Villas rental Villa Linda 32 in Puerto Los Cabos, San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur. Numerous social media posts named Wenter Essence Donovan, Daejhanae Imani Jackson, Alysse Hyatt, Nazeer Wiggins, Malik Dyer and Khalil Cooke as the six friends but authorities have yet to confirm the names.
- On October 29, 2022, she was found unconscious in a room in the Fundadores Beach Club area in San José del Cabo. Medics were first called to the vacation home at around 2:13 p.m. At around 3:00 p.m., Dr. Karolina Beatriz Ornelas Gutiérrez of the American Medical Center in Cabo San Lucas arrived at the scene. At 5:57 p.m., she was pronounced dead. The six people she was traveling with gave differing versions of how she died. Some of them told her mother that she died from alcohol poisoning.
- On November 10, 2022, results of an autopsy revealed that she died of a severe spinal cord injury and Atlas subluxation complex, a form of severe neck injury, and did not mention alcohol poisoning. On November 12, 2022, her body was flown back to North Carolina. On November 15, 2022, a video surfaced showing a woman beating her in a hotel room. In the video, a man with an American accent can be heard saying, “Can you at least fight back?”
- She died at the age of 25. A video of her joking and laughing with friends just hours before she died surfaced on November 18, 2022, the same day her funeral was held at Macedonia Baptist Church in Charlotte.