Michael Troy Hutto is a white man from Florida, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lived in various parts of Florida including Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach and Wellborn.
- In 2003, he and three friends from Jacksonville Beach started an outdoor-apparel brand called Salt Life. He came up with the name.
- In 2013, he and his fellow Salt Life co-founders sold the outdoor-apparel brand for nearly $40 million to the new owners and have not been associated with it since.
- On October 26, 2020, he and his girlfriend Lora Grace Duncan, then 18, checked into the Hilton Singer Island Hotel in Riviera Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida. He later fatally shot Lora inside the hotel.
- On October 28, 2020, he overdosed at a BP gas station in St. Augustine, St. Johns County, Florida and was taken to Baptist Medical Center South, a hospital in Jacksonville some 280 miles away from the Hilton Singer Island Hotel. He was “twitching, making delusional comments and crying while his eyes were rolling into the back of his head” when deputies in St. Johns County found his car illegally parked in the parking lot of the gas station.
- At around 10:50 a.m. on October 29, 2020, the Riviera Beach Police Department responded to a call from Lora’s father Burton Duncan to conduct a welfare check on her at the Hilton Singer Island Hotel. She was found lying dead on the floor with a gunshot wound to the stomach inside a room that had been rented in his name. His wallet and identification card were inside the room.
- On October 30, 2020, the Florida Highway Patrol arrested him at Baptist Medical Center South while he was dressed in green hospital scrubs and red skid-proof socks. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County and charged with manslaughter and possession or use of a weapon and possession of a weapon during any felony.
- On November 9, 2020, he made his first court appearance virtually at Palm Beach County Court in West Palm Beach. During the one-minute meeting, attorneys said there was probable cause for both his manslaughter and weapons offense charges. He was placed on a $250,000 bond and ordered that he not have any weapons or contact with Lora’s family.
- On December 5, 2022, a judge in Palm Beach County refused to change his $250,000 bond.
- He was 56 years old when he pleaded guilty on February 16, 2023 to manslaughter with a firearm. He was sentenced to 12 years in prison. He maintained that he accidentally shot Lora while they were pretending to shoot each other with a finger and gun.
Categories: biographical data, crimes, LISTS, North America, Social Issues, United States
Leave a Reply