Adam Dean Fox is from Potterville, Michigan, United States. He helped lead the thwarted plot to kidnap 49th Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer while the U.S. is battling against the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Fox graduated from high school through the help of Brian Titus, a U.S. Marines veteran who owns the Vac Shack, a vacuum repair shop on Division Avenue in Wyoming, Kent County, Michigan. Titus told WOOD-TV that Fox is an “anti-police, anti-government” man who is afraid that the U.S. is going to go communism and socialism if he does not stand up for the Second Amendment and his rights.
“I knew him since a teenager,” Titus told FOX 17. “In fact, he had nowhere to go. Basically, we took him up. I tried through the years to have him work for me. I was kind of a father figure to him. Now, I’m not any more. Forget it.”
Fox and more than 10 other men spent months to plot the kidnapping. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born Adam Dean-Vernon Waggoner in 1983.
- From 2010 to 2020, he worked as an independent contractor for Titus, who let him stay in the basement room of the Vac Shack in Wyoming while he was going through tough time.
- On June 6, 2014, he filed paperwork to change his name to Adam Dean Fox because he wanted to have his mother’s biological name. The Michigan State Police found that his original name has a criminal record but his name change request was granted on August 21, 2014. The judge in the case ruled that the it was not made with fraudulent intent.
- In the fourth week of September 2014, he and Terra Ann Gallihugh applied for a marriage license. At the time, they were residents of Allegan County, Michigan. Gallihugh married Benjamin Mayer on March 17, 2017.
- On May 8, 2015, his then wife filed divorce papers. On June 8, 2015, she applied for a personal protection order. She wrote, “He is reckless when drunk, even drives. (He was) threatening me. He owns a gun. He is an alcoholic. He has kicked my door to get in. (He) punched holes in my wall and left bruises on me.”
- On May 29, 2018, he tweeted, “Now is the time to end this monopoly against freedom! All you corrupt self serving politicians and lawmakers better be wary of the people you try so dearly to enslave! We are strong and you are weak! No more passive restraints, we will come for you and end your era of rule!!”
- On June 6, 2020, he and around 13 other people from several states gathered in Dublin, Ohio, USA to discuss how to create a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights and allowed them to be self-sufficient. In a recorded telephone call on June 14, 2020, he said he needed 200 men to storm the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing, Michigan, take hostages including Whitmer and try her for treason before the 59th quadrennial U.S. presidential election on November 3, 2020. Also on June 14, 2020, he was introduced to one of the Wolverine Watchmen founders at a field training exercises (FTX) meeting.
- On June 20, 2020, he met with several other individuals in the basement of the Vac Shack in Wyoming. During the meeting, they planned to assault the Michigan State Capitol, counter law enforcement first responders and use Molotov cocktails to destroy police vehicles. They scheduled to meet again and conduct firearms and tactical training in the first week of July 2020.
- In a video he live-streamed to a private Facebook group on June 25, 2020, he complained about how Michigan controlled the opening of gyms and referred to Whitmer as a “tyrant bitch.” He told his co-conspirators, “I don’t know, boys. We gotta do something. You guys link with me on our other location system, give me some ideas of what we can do.”
- From July 10-12, 2020, he and his fellow kidnapping conspirators participated in firearms training and other combat drills in Cambria, Wisconsin, USA.
- During a meeting with his fellow kidnapping conspirators on July 27, 2020, he said their best opportunity to kidnap Whitmer would be when she was arriving at or leaving either her personal vacation home or her official summer residence, which are both located in the Western District of Michigan. He said after kidnapping her, they would remove her to a secure location in Wisconsin for trial. He suggested recruiting a realtor, plumbers, electricians, an engineer, an information technology guy, a demo guy and other operators to help them executive the abduction. He said, “Snatch and grab, man. Grab the f****n’ governor. Just grab the bitch because at that point we do that, dude, it’s over.”
- On August 9, 2020, he and his fellow kidnapping conspirators participated in a tactical training in Munith, Michigan. In a recorded group call after the training, he discussed destroying Whitmer’s boat.
- When the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided his bedroom at the Vac Shack in Wyoming on October 7, 2020, a 9 mm handgun, two assault weapons and ammunition were found. On October 8, 2020, he was charged with conspiring to kidnap Whitmer in federal court in Grand Rapids, Michigan along with his co-conspirators Ty Garbin, Brandon Caserta, Daniel Harris and Kaleb Franks. He was booked into the Kent County Jail in Grand Rapids.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)