Adline Mewis Quadros Castelino is an Indian model, beauty queen and philanthropist. Among the people she looks up to are Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen and Miss Universe 2000 Lara Dutta.
Castelino stands 5’6″. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Kuwait City, Kuwait to Alphonsus Castelino and Meera Castelino, who are from Udyavar, Udupi, Karnataka, India and are both Mangalorean Catholic.
- She enjoys reading, dancing, cycling and playing badminton.
- She attended the Indian Central School in Kuwait.
- When she was young, she was bullied for being too skinny and having dark skin.
- In 2013, she moved from Kuwait to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She attended St. Xavier’s High School in Mumbai.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Wilson College in Mumbai.
- She underwent a beauty pageant training at the Cocoaberry Training Academy in Mumbai. She was crowned Miss Cocoaberry Diva 2019.
- She was 22 years old when she was crowned Miss Diva Universe 2020 at Yash Raj Studio in Andheri, Mumbai on February 22, 2020.
- During the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, she helped in providing food supplies, sanitizers, face masks and other essentials for a nonprofit called Desire Society, which cares for children infected with human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV) in India.
- While reigning as Miss Diva Universe 2020, she helped raise awareness about polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). She was the frontrunner of the PCOS Free India campaign, a project by FolkFitness, which is India’s first holistic wellness enterprise working exclusively and extensively towards PCOS using Indian ancient wisdom and wellness practices, according to Femina.
- She walked the ramp at for Czech designers Aranka Slavikova and Beata Rajska at Bombay Times Fashion Week 2020 in Mumbai in March 2020.
- As a philanthropist, she worked with Vikas Sahayog Pratishthan (VSP), an organization that provides a sustainable livelihood for farmers and helps stop farmers’ suicides and inequality, raised money via the crowd funding platform called Ketto for the Child Help Foundation (CHF), and initiated fundraisers for the Akshaya Patra Foundation, which provides meals or packed grocery kits to marginalized and low-income citizens.
- On May 16, 2021, she represented India at Miss Universe 2020 in Hollywood, Florida, United States. She was third runner-up.