Estefania Natalia Soto Torres is a Puerto Rican beauty queen and model. She is fluent in English, French and Spanish.
Soto’s Dutch language proficiency is intermediate. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Caguas, Puerto Rico.
- She collects lip balm and National Geographic magazines.
- She is the host of “Voces de Reinas,” a podcast about entertainment, healthcare and the academic industry.
- When she was 9 years old, her parents asked her to get involved in a hobby. She chose modeling so her parents enrolled her in a modeling academy.
- In high school, she discovered her passion for foreign languages and multiculturalism after watching “The Interpreter,” the first film shot inside the United Nations headquarters in New York City, New York, United States. She later participated in a student exchange at the Université du Québec in Quebec, Canada.
- She attended the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus where she earned her bachelor’s degree in foreign languages with a concentration in French. She took one year off, worked at the French Alliance of Puerto Rico and traveled as a backpacker in different countries in Europe.
- She worked for different international organizations including Eurocities in Brussels, Belgium, the European Patent Organization in The Hague, Netherlands and the French Embassy in Washington D.C., United States.
- Between 2012 and 2021, she lived in seven countries. She studied in different countries including Belgium, France and Mexico.
- Between 2015 and 2017, she studied in Belgium, France and Mexico. During this period, she completed an interdisciplinary master’s degree in intercultural mediation with a sociological, anthropological and gender perspective.
- On June 13, 2019, she became runner-up to Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 Madison Anderson, who was crowned at the Luis A. Ferré Fine Arts Center in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- On September 24, 2020, she was appointed as Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2020. No beauty pageant was held due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- She was 28 years old when she represented Puerto Rico in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, USA on May 16, 2021. She finished in the Top 10. Prior to the competition, she was diagnosed with Meniere’s disease, a disorder of the inner ear leading to strong vertigo episodes and hearing loss.
- On September 30, 2021, she crowned her successor Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2021 at the Luis A. Ferré Fine Arts Center.