Frank Kakuzo Kuwamura III is an orthopedic spine surgeon from San Antonio, Texas, United States and a member of The North America Spine Society. Certified by the American Board of Orthopædics Surgery, he specializes in diagnosing and treating spinal conditions.
Kuwamura has three sons. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is Frank Kakuzo Kuwamura, Jr. and Patricia Aurora Kuwamura‘s son.
- He earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., USA.
- He earned his master’s degree in microbiology and immunology from the Boston University Division of Medical Science in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- He is 4 years older than his sister Diane Kay Kuwamura. She married Stephen Gabriel Perry of Chevy Chase, Maryland.
- In 1989, he earned his medical degree from the Boston University School of Medicine in Boston. He also received his Ph.D. in microbiology there. After earning his medical degree, he joined the U.S. Navy Reserve where he became a commander.
- From 1989 to 1990, he served his internship at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. From 1991 to 1995, he served his and orthopedic surgery residency. He completed his fellowship training in adult and pediatric spine surgery at Florida Neck and Back Institute in Gainesville, Florida, USA.
- He held a medical license in Maryland from 1992 to 2000, in Georgia, USA from 1998 to 1999 and in Florida from 1998 to 2000. Obtained in 1999, his medical license in Texas will expire in 2024.
- He owns and operates MD Spine Care and Orthopaedics in San Antonio. He started working there in January 2000 as a spine surgeon and an implant designer.
- On December 4, 2001, he and Melissa Ann Douglas Kuwamura bought a house in San Antonio.
- On September 17, 2016, his father Frank Kakuzo Kuwamura, Jr. died in San Antonio at the age of 83.
- In July 2019, he was in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA with his three sons.
- On January 13, 2020, he and Danielle Cunningham got engaged.
- He was 59 years old when he and Cunningham got married on January 3, 2021.