|Esmeralda “Esmi” P. Armendarez Upton is a parishioner at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Plano, Texas, United States and a realtor for California Federal Bank. She is of Mexican descent.|
Aside from Plano, Upton has lived in other parts of Texas including Dallas, Denton, Houston and Midland. She attended Justin F. Kimball High School in Dallas and previously lived in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
When Upton was young, her parents Albert Armendarez and Maria Armendarez divorced. Upton has an older sister named Cynthia Armendarez, an older brother named Mario Armendarez and a younger brother Robert Armendarez.
Upton has a son and a daughter. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was 2 years older than her husband Thomas Paul “Tom” Upton.
- On June 12, 1993, her grandfather Tomas Lazo Sr. died in Dallas at the age of 79.
- On October 27, 2001, she and Tom got married in Dallas.
- In 2003, she gave birth to her son.
- In 2004, her mother married Manuel Barrientos.
- In 2005, she gave birth to her daughter.
- On August 27, 2013, her grandmother Carmen Martinez Lazo died in Irving, Texas at the age of 100.
- On November 24, 2019, her mother died in Dunvanville, Dallas County, Texas at the age of 83.
- On April 7, 2020, her husband died as a result of injuries suffered from a bicycle accident.
- At around 8:00 p.m. on August 24, 2022, she was caught on camera using racial slurs during a physical attack on a group of Indian American women including Rani Banerjee, Sabori Saha and Bidisha Rudra in the parking lot of the Sixty Vines restaurant in Plano.
- At around 3:50 p.m. on August 25, 2022, Plano Police Department officers arrested her.
- She was 58 years old when she was arrested on August 25, 2022. She was charged with misdemeanor assault bodily injury and misdemeanor terroristic threats. Her bond was set at $10,000.
- On September 22, 2022, Rudra filed a lawsuit against her.